Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch still has availability for mid-June through mid-July. Plus there are many New Mexico summer events in June and July for you to take advantage of!
Although we are located in Southwestern New Mexico, our elevation is about 6,800 feet. The Black Range Mountains of the Gila National Forest shelter us beneath the tall Ponderosa pines. June and July typically finds most of the country suffering from heat, humidity, and bugs. However, you will find our days to be warm, dry, and mosquito and tick free! The forest and mountains we ride through are filled with warm spring waters and cool canyons.
Not only do we have lovely summer weather, but New Mexico itself has some wonderful events for you to enjoy. Read on below for New Mexico Summer Events.
New Mexico Summer Events: Santa Fe
- Flying into Albuquerque International Sunport? Then be sure to check out the Rodeo de Santa Fe. The rodeo takes place from June 20-23, 2018. General admission tickets start at $10. Rodeo de Santa Fe takes place at 3237 Rodeo Road. You will be able to observe the classic rodeo events: individual and team roping, steer wrestling, barrel racing, saddle and bareback bronc riding, and bull riding. Of course, there will also be rodeo clowns and “mutton busting” at every show. What better way to bookend your New Mexico dude ranch vacation than with an authentic New Mexico rodeo?!
- Looking to experience Spanish-Gypsy culture? The Festival Flamenco Internacional de Alburquerque is eight days of celebrating flamenco. From June 9-16, you can discover why New Mexico is regarded as the center for flamenco in the United States. Most activities take place at the University of New Mexico.
- El Rancho de las Golondrinas (334 Los Pinos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507) has two great summer festivals.
- On June 17 and 18 is the Herb & Lavender Festival. Admission is only $8 (12 and under free). Check out lavender and herb product vendors along with lectures and hands-on activities on all things lavender.
- The next week is the 25th Annual Santa Fe Wine Festival. On June 30 and July 1 you can sample handmade wines from 20 different New Mexico wineries. Food, dance, unique arts and crafts, and New Mexico’s history is all yours to explore at Santa Fe’s longest running wine festival. Admission is only $8 (12 and under free).
New Mexico Summer Events: Roswell, Ruidoso, Fort Stanton
If you are flying into El Paso International Airport, there are several great festivals to check out in Southeast New Mexico.
- If you’ve never been to Roswell, New Mexico then the 2018 UFO Festival is a perfect introduction. The UFO Capital of the World hosts the Festival from July 6-8, 2018. Whether you are a UFO enthusiast or a skeptic, you can still join in the celebration of one of the most debated incidents in history.
- On Saturday July 14th, you can go back in time at Fort Stanton Live! Costumed re-eanactors from the Civil War and Indian Wars era bring the Fort alive with demonstrations, presentations, concerts, and a military ball. Crafts and local food vendors are available as well. You can find Fort Stanton just off the Billy the Kid Scenic Byway (Hwy 380) on Hwy 220 at the Bonito River.
- Finally, head for the cool higher elevations of Ruidoso, NM for the Ruidoso Art and Wine Festival July 27th-29th, 2018. Over 100 of the nation’s most talented artists showcase a broad spectrum of mediums. And what goes better with art than wine? New Mexico wineries will be on hand to offer wine tastings. The Festival takes place at the Ruidoso Convention Center, 111 Sierra Blanca Drive, Ruidoso, NM.
We still have availability for for mid-June through mid-July. Contact Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch today. Take advantage of both the beautiful weather and New Mexico Summer Events!