View Rates & Policies for Our Gila National Forest Dude Ranch
Our Gila National Forest Dude Ranch Is Open March through Mid-November.
We are a small ranch with only 4 cabins and a maximum capacity of 12 guests.
Escape and Unwind from your busy life! Reconnect with family, friends, and nature – Explore incredible deep canyons with crystal clear spring-fed streams, Ponderosa forests, open meadows, and high mountain overlooks. We have well-trained, responsive, well cared for horses to see it all by. Take a step back in time and Experience 1,000-year-old cliff dwellings and pictographs. Soak in the day's experiences around a campfire with fantastic stargazing! Come enjoy our warm hospitality, delicious meals, and the extraordinary peacefulness that our Gila National Forest dude ranch offers. Make memories that will last a lifetime!
The ranch is located just off the Geronimo Trail, one of the Scenic Byways designated by the state of New Mexico. Accessible via good roads, we are 4 hours from either Albuquerque or El Paso airports, 2 hours from Truth or Consequences, traveling through high desert, rolling plains, and magnificent forests. With the Gila National Forest as our backyard, our dude ranch provides the perfect escape in nature.
- We have a 4 night minimum stay, 6 night maximum stay.
- Rates are based on minimum double occupancy per cabin.
- Single occupancy please add 30%
Check In/ Check Out Policy:
- Check in time is between 4:00 – 6:00 PM the day of your arrival.
The first scheduled activity is Dinner at 6:30 PM.
- Check out time is 10:30 AM the day of your departure.
The last scheduled activity is Breakfast that morning at 8:30 AM.
Adult Rates (Ages 12 and older)
6 night stay $2,517 per person
5 night stay $2,097 per person
4 night stay $1,677 per person
Children’s Rates (Ages 6-11)
6 night stay $2,014 per child
5 night stay $1,678 per child
4 night stay $1,342 per child
The minimum age of guests is 6 (both riders and non-riders).
- All rates are subject to New Mexico taxes (currently 6.3125%).
- Staff gratuities are not included – a guideline is 15-20% of your total.
- Please note your Guest Responsibilities: all guests will be required to follow the ranch/stable and guide or wranglers’ safety policies and procedures and all guests will be required to sign a Participant Assumption of Risks, Acknowledgment of Inherent Risks and Indemnity Agreement in favor of Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch. Please review and sign these documents in your customer portal, prior to arriving at the ranch.
- Rider weight limit strict 220 pounds. You must fall within our Height to Weight Ratio Chart in order to ride. These requirements are to ensure the safety and comfort of both riders and horses.
- Children under 13 years old are required to wear a helmet.
Thank you for booking your guest ranch vacation with us. We are looking forward to your stay with us. Life happens and we are very aware that circumstances out of your control can change your plans. Due to our small size and remote location, cancellations significantly affect us. As a result, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
- We require a 50% deposit. Balance is due 90 days prior to arrival. If you reserve with a credit card, the balance will automatically be charged to the same card.
- Cancellation Policy: All payments are non-refundable, but may be applied to a future visit within one year IF we are successful in rebooking guests for your scheduled period. This same policy applies to changing the dates of your stay. We will do our best to rebook your dates if you cancel, but can make no promises, therefore we recommend Travel Insurance to cover your vacation investment.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended – In order to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances interfering with your vacation, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance. You can use any travel insurance company you are comfortable with. As members of the Dude Ranchers Association, we recommend Travel Guard. Click Here or call 877-249-5376 and refer to product number 109400. Insurance must be purchased within 21 days of initial deposit.
- No credit for late arrival or early departure.
- Personal Checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover accepted.