Dude Ranch Vacation Packing List
When it comes to planning a guest ranch vacation, it always helps to have a packing list at hand! There are so many important items that you don’t want to forget, so that’s why we’ve created the ultimate dude ranch vacation packing list. Grab your suitcase, and check off these ranch essentials. And, don’t forget your personalized New Mexico guest ranch itinerary before you hit the open road. Submit your preferred travel dates, activities, and interests and we will send you a personalized itinerary within the next 24 to 72 hours! Planning your vacation couldn’t be easier.
Your Complete Dude Ranch Vacation Packing List
Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch is a place where you and your family will make lifelong memories, so don’t let sunburn spoil those moments! If you want to make the most of your vacation, then sun protection is a must. Put these items to pack at the top of your list:
- Lip balm with SPF protection.
- Long-sleeve shirts. These will add an extra layer of sun protection for a day spent horseback riding and also protect against branches. Pack light colors for the summer months.
There are so many things to do on our ranch, so remember to dress for the occasion! You can make a splash in spring-fed creeks, enjoy a leisurely hike, horseback ride through Gila National Forest, or simply relax. Here are a few clothing items that will help you make the most of your trip.
- Cowboy hat (with stampede string).
- Medium-weight jacket.
- Heavy riding coat (spring and fall).
- Layers (The Gila National Forest has a big temperature swing from daytime highs to nighttime lows, no matter the season).
- Rain gear (we provide full length riding rain slickers, but bring your own jacket for other activities).
- Riding boots or cowboy boots with a heel and smooth sole. We do have some to lend. Please ask about sizes.
- Boot socks or tall socks that go as high as your boots.
- Jeans. We recommend Wrangler Jeans. Because they don’t have the double sewn, inside leg seam, their design reduces skin chafing.
- Padded bicycle shorts. These help prevent soreness.
- Pantyhose. These can help prevent chafing.
- Tennis shoes, hiking boots, or hiking shoes. (We explore many places on foot!)
- Water shoes (not flip flops) for wading, swimming, and playing in the rocky creek! The creeks are warm because they are fed by warm springs, making them perfect for enjoying during most seasons!
- Bathing Suit. There are a couple places in the warm spring fed creeks that are deep enough to get all wet! The weather is often warm enough April through October.
- Riding gloves (for cold weather/personal preference)
We use our personal items every day, so it’s funny that they are the things we are most likely to forget! Remember these everyday items:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and other toiletries.
- Any medication/prescriptions.
- A personal first aid kit with bandaids and other essentials.
- A memory card and extra batteries for your camera so that you can take as many pictures as possible!
- Stain remover pens for the clothes you love.
- A laundry bag to keep your cabin tidy and prevent dirty clothes from piling up. We do not have laundry facilities at our ranch, so this will help you to keep your clean and used clothes separated.
What’s Provided, What Not to Bring, & Other Tips
- Hairdryers are not provided, and the use of them is discouraged. We are off the grid, and they draw too much current. Use only when the generator is on from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- You may bring your own beer, wine, or liquor. We don’t carry a liquor license, so bring what you like.
- Towels, linens, and bedding are provided.
- We provide water bottles to carry when riding or hiking.
- We have excellent quality tack that is comfortable for our guests to ride in and also fits our horses. Our saddles are mainly Tucker, Reinsman and Circle Y. (Our tack is what you will ride in during your stay at our ranch.)
- Remember, there is no cell phone service at the ranch. You can give your family and friends the ranch phone number 575-772-5157 for emergency contact.
Pack Your Bags for Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch
Now that you’re prepared with the ultimate dude ranch vacation packing list, there’s only one thing to check off your list of things to do, and that’s reserving your cabin at the best guest ranch in New Mexico! Comforting amenities, like three home-style meals, unlimited horseback riding, and family-friendly entertainment, are always included with your stay.
If you are ready to plan your getaway, remember your free personalized itinerary. We hope to host you soon at Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch!